The Young Academies Group is committed to protecting your privacy.
This privacy notice tells you how we collect, use and store personal information when you visit the Young Academies Group website – on all its digital platforms and services.
We collect personal information from:
- visitors to our websites
- people who subscribe to our e-newsletter
- people who apply to our summer school or other training programmes
- people who contact us via social media
- people who share our content via social media
- people who attend our events
- people who email
Collection of information.
The information we gather falls into two categories:
- Information anonymously and automatically tracked that is gathered as visitors navigate through our site and/or use our email newsletters and share our content on social media. This information is collected by third-party service providers on our behalf. Third parties featured on or linked to by our website are Google Analytics, and Mailchimp. These third parties may be gathering information through processes we don’t control and their Privacy Policies are linked to below.
- Information voluntarily supplied by visitors to the site when they register, sign up to receive our e-newsletters, respond to user surveys and complete our summer school applications.
We use a third party provider, Mailchimp, to deliver our e-newsletters. We can access the name you provide, your email and your geolocations as well as statistics around email opening and clicks using industry standard technologies. For more information, please see Mailchimp’s privacy notice.
The Young Academies Group use WordPress software to create and administer all our online applications. Applicants personal information is kept on a database in WordPress. We process this information to choose applicants who are successful and then to keep in contact with students. We do not share names and emails with anyone. After two years we delete your all your personal information from the WordPress databases.
Emailing the team directly
We use Google mail which uses Transport Layer Security (TLS) to encrypt and protect email traffic by default. If your email service does not support TLS, you should be aware that any emails we send or receive may not be protected in transit.
We will also monitor any emails sent to us, including file attachments, for viruses or malicious software. Please be aware that you have a responsibility to ensure that any email you send is within the bounds of the law.
Links to other websites
This privacy notice does not cover the links within this site linking to other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit.
Changes to this privacy notice
We keep our privacy notice under regular review. This privacy notice was last updated on March 2018. We are currently reviewing our Privacy Notice.
How to contact us